6.2 buildworld fails with NO_SHARED

Bill Vermillion bv at wjv.com
Sun Jan 28 02:51:29 UTC 2007

Deep in the forest in the dark of night on Sat, Jan 27, 2007 at 19:23
with a cackle and an evil grin Scot Hetzel cast another eye of
newt into the brew and chanted:

> On 1/27/07, Bill Vermillion <bv at wjv.com> wrote:
> >No real problem there, but that brings up another question.
> >If - as documented in make.conf(5) - I put use the variable
> >NO_DYNAMIC_ROOT it says "set this is you do not want to link
> >/bin and /sbin dynamically".
> >
> >Would that be the way to build statics in /bin and /sbin
> >instead of NO_SHARED.
> >
> I forgot about that option.  Using NO_DYNAMIC_ROOT would be the proper
> way to build /bin and /sbin statically, and still have the rest
> compied dynamically.
>
> Scot
> --
> DISCLAIMER:

> No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only
> slightly bruised.

Thanks for confirming that - the NO_DYNAMIC_ROOT not 'no electonrs
were harmed :-)

Now - I wonder what should be done with the failures encountered
when NO_SHARED is used.  I suspect it should be cleaned up, if for
no reason than to keep messages/queries such as mine from
shwoing up.

Thanks again.

Bill

--