mpt problems. (Re: Dell hardware raid 0 (sas5ir) or gmirror?)

Juraj Lutter wilbury at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 23:46:28 UTC 2007

On 1/27/07, Josef Karthauser <joe at freebsd.org> wrote:
> The problem is that the synchronisation appears to progress ok, but
> when I add some additional load, like cvsuping the ports collection
> at the same time, after a short period I get loads of errors from
> the mpt controller and then geom disconnects the drive (da0s1).
> Wierdly when I reboot the machine the mpt controller refuses to
> probe da0, and I have to physically power cycle the machine before
> it sees the drive again.

I've been observing very similar behavriour with recent 6.2-STABLE on
i386 with either Silicon Image 3114 or Promise FastTrak TX4. gmirror
synchronisation worked OK until I've added some additional load on the
synchronised volume. Unfortunately I haven't been able to take any
reasonable DDB output :-(

--
Sincerely yours,
Juraj Lutter