Netgraph at startup - rc.conf ?

Pete French petefrench at ticketswitch.com
Thu Jan 25 15:36:35 UTC 2007

I have a machine with two interfaces in it - bge0 and beg1. I now
find I need to usse ng_fec to make these into one interface due to
the way out networking contractors are installign a new site.

Seems like no problem from the command line, but what I can't
find anywhere in the documentation is how to make this happen
at boot time using rc.conf. I am assuming my line which
looks like:

	ifconfig_em0="inet 172.16.1.6 netmask 255.255.0.0"

becomes

	ifconfig_fec0="inet 172.16.1.6 netmask 255.255.0.0"

but obviously I need to do something to create fec0 before
that happens. Preseumably something like cloned_interfaces="fce0",
but where does it get the parameters from to create the interface ?

cheers,

-pcf.