6.2 Release - Adaptec 2130SLP driver?? issue - aac driver

Bruce Burden brucegb at realtime.net
Wed Jan 24 03:14:49 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 05:19:11PM -0500, Vivek Khera wrote:

> On Jan 23, 2007, at 12:09 AM, Bruce Burden wrote:
>
> >	Sigh. Okay, thank you for the responses. I think I will
> >   go with "Plan 'C'", and find a PCI-X LSI MegaRAID card. I think
> >   there is some hope the megamgr port will work with them.
>
> My preferred card is the 320-2X dual channel card.  It is wicked
> awesome fast and the megamgr program does work with them.
> Unfortunately, the Sun X4100 boxes have low-profile slots, and the
> only option for RAID cards is the Adaptec 2230SLP for dual channels.
> This is why I use the adaptec cards :-(

   Vivek,

	Excellent info, thank you! As it happens, I do have a
   320-2x on its way to me. I am replacing an Adaptec 3210S. I
   had originally planned to use a 2130S, but the lack of a
   manager put me off (not to mention just getting this Tyan
   Thunder K8WE running...).

	I did try a 320-2e, but the board did not enter BIOS
   when the card was in slot 1. Tyan has not responded as to
   whether this is a good thing or not, hence the waiting for
   the 320-2x...

							Bruce