Audio (Record) not functioning... (record interrupt timeout)

Ben Hacker Jr strbenjr at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 23 23:16:16 UTC 2007

Any help will be Greatly appreciated!  I currently believe this is a
problem with the "snd_t4dwave" driver device"

Please respond directly as well as to the list.  Thanks!

http://www.bsdforums.org/forums/showthread.php?t=45514 [HISTORY]
http://www.bsdforums.org/forums/showthread.php?p=242514 [More Detail]
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/...rch/003877.html
<http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-multimedia/2006-March/003877.html>
[Related Links]
http://unix.derkeiler.com/Mailing-L...05-10/0446.html

I am trying to get Skype or Vonage softphone(via wine) working on my
notebook.

My problem is getting the input from the mic to the application.

The "mic" is working because I can talk and hear the sound via the
external speakers. If (on command line mixer) I turn the "rec" and
"igain" to 0 the I CAN still hear any sound I make via the mic on the
attached speakers. If I turn "mic" to 0 then I cannot hear any sound I
make via the mic on the attached speakers.

Here is the error I am seeing on the system console:

pcm0:record:0:dsp0.0: record interrupt timeout, channel dead

Here are my settings:

user at sony$ uname -a
FreeBSD sony.family.hom 6.2-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 6.2-PRERELEASE #2: Tue
Dec 19 16:55:50 EST 2006 root at sony.family.hom
<mailto:root at sony.family.hom>:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SONY01 i386

user at sony$ cat /dev/sndstat
FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm)
Installed devices:
pcm0: <Acer Labs M5451> at io 0x1800 irq 9 kld snd_t4dwave (4p/1r/4v
channels duplex default)

user at sony$ dmesg | grep pcm
pcm0: <Acer Labs M5451> port 0x1800-0x18ff mem 0xe8100000-0xe8100fff at
device 6.0 on pci0
pcm0: <Yamaha YMF753 AC97 Codec>
pcm0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
pcm0:record:0:dsp0.0: record interrupt timeout, channel dead
pcm0:record:0:dsp0.0: record interrupt timeout, channel dead

user at sony$ sysctl hw.snd
hw.snd.report_soft_formats: 1
hw.snd.targetirqrate: 32
hw.snd.verbose: 1