6.2 Release - Adaptec 2130SLP driver?? issue - aac driver

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Mon Jan 22 20:01:15 UTC 2007

On Jan 20, 2007, at 2:06 AM, LI Xin wrote:

>> My newer 2230SLP cards do not work with any extant command line tools
>> for freebsd under amd64.  The older cards did.  I've tested
>> FreeBSD 6.0
>> and 6.1.  6.2 is on the agenda to test soon.
>
> Do you mean Linux CLI tools on FreeBSD?  I think I have missed my
> src/sys/dev/aac/aac_linux.c,v 1.4 change with re@ so I think there
> might
> be no change.  Just MFC'ed that to RELENG_6.

The linux tools have 0 chance of working on amd64....

I have some newer version from one of the freebsd devs of adaptec CLI
but it doesn't recognize the latest firmware in the 2230 card.

I've been trying to work with that developer to sponsor some work to
make the tools available and working on newer hardware and FreeBSD
versions, but there has been some hold up getting necessary bits out
of Adaptec.