IPv6 problems with 6.2-RELEASE ?

Pete French petefrench at ticketswitch.com
Sun Jan 21 18:09:39 UTC 2007

> 2) rtsol(8) is used to initiate stateless autoconfiguration.  You might=20
> want to try "rtsol -d interface".

Aha... this does not work...

> 3) Check the net.inet6.ip6.accept_rtadv sysctl.  ipv6_enable should take=20
> care of this.

...because this is 0

All of which appears to be because a spurious 'ipv6_gateway_enable="YES"'
has found it's way into my rc.conf due to cut-n-paste. Which is
interesting though, since even when I spotted it, it hadn;'t occurred
to me that it would prevent the auto configuration working.

Thnaks for the help, all works fine now.

-pete.