6.2 Release - Adaptec 2130SLP driver?? issue - aac driver

Bruce Burden brucegb at realtime.net
Sun Jan 21 01:28:33 UTC 2007

On Sat, Jan 20, 2007 at 12:52:40AM +0800, LI Xin wrote:
> Jeff Royle wrote:
> > aacu0: Adaptec Raid Controller 2.0.7-1
> > aacpu0: <SCSI Passthrough Bus> on aacu0
> >
> > Going to continue testing with the newer driver.
>
> I have some preliminary work on merging the Adaptec driver:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~delphij/for_review/patch-aac-vendor-b11518

   Hi Jeff, LI,

	I think I missed some of this exchange, so please bear
   with me.

	I have an Adaptec 2130SLP + battery backup that I am
   thinking about using. I was going to go with a LSI/Dell card,
   but that seems to be giving me trouble.

	So, back to the 2130SLP. I have downloaded the FreeBSD
   x64 driver from Adaptec. I also have your patch, LI. Which one
   do you recommend? (FWIW, I am running FBSD 6.2-STABLE/amd64).

	LI, do I understand that I should download your aaccli
   change? I believe you indicated that this change was not MFC'd
   from -CURRENT in time for the 6.2 release, right? So I need
   to cvsup the ports?

	I have, I believe, an older Rev. 1 card, which I believe
   will work with the aaccli code, but it would be nice to have
   the ability to work with things moving forward.

						Thank you,
							Bruce