6.2: make buildworld fails at usr.bin/passwd

Jeremy Chadwick koitsu at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jan 18 20:45:05 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jan 18, 2007 at 09:41:11AM +0100, Heinrich Rebehn wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I just cvsup'ed 6.2 (tag=RELENG_6_2) and buildworld fails with:
>
> [...]
> rm -f opiepasswd opiepasswd.o opiepasswd.1.gz opiepasswd.1.cat.gz
> rm -f .depend GPATH GRTAGS GSYMS GTAGS
> ===> usr.bin/pagesize (cleandir)
> rm -f pagesize.1.gz pagesize.1.cat.gz
> ===> usr.bin/passwd (cleandir)
> cd: can't cd to /usr/src/usr.bin/passwd
> *** Error code 2
>
> Stop in /usr/src/usr.bin.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src.
>

> Does anyone know what is wrong here? Why is /usr/src/usr.bin/passwd
> missing? I tried different german mirrors.

I've successfully built world from RELENG_6 (not RELENG_6_2) and
did not encounter this problem.

Another possibility would be the scenario where you installed
src-all from CD/DVD/FTP/whatever during your initial installation,
and you have not "adopted" (yes, this is the term used in the FAQ)
your src tree to that pulled down via cvsup/csup.

The cvsup FAQ addresses this here:

http://www.cvsup.org/faq.html#caniadopt
http://www.cvsup.org/faq.html#adopt

| Making life hard for others since 1977.               PGP: 4BD6C0CB |