Fetchmail problem

John Nielsen lists at jnielsen.net
Wed Jan 17 15:06:29 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 16 January 2007 23:51, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 05:13:16AM +0100, Par Leijonhufvud wrote:
> > I have a FreeBSD box (running ancient 4.8) that used to collect email
> > fine with fetchmail. Then after te latest portupgrade of fetchmail it
> > stopped working. When trying to run it manual I see the error shown
> > below.
> >
> > Anyone with suggestions as to (a) just what is going wrong, and (b) how
> > to fix it? Another machine running 5.3 have no problems.
>
> Maybe the configuration options changed.  Anyway, this kind of
> question should be asked on the fetchmail support mailing lists since
> it is not a problem with FreeBSD-stable itself.

Or maybe -questions if it's related to a well-known port.

Anyway, if it's been over a year since you've updated fetchmail then there are
a whole bunch of entries in ports/UPDATING you should read. The problem
you're probably running into (along with a possible workaround) is mentioned
in the 20051210 entry. There are other more recent entries as well.

JN