Failover-HA-Setup

Dmitriy Kirhlarov dimma at higis.ru
Wed Jan 17 14:25:58 UTC 2007

Hi!

On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 01:47:37PM +0100, Richard wrote:

> I am running heartbeat on a STABLE-system, the failover works fine for
> IP-adresses and I am able to see that a

Why you ignore carp(4) and ports/net/ifstated?

> '/usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server start' statement is issued. BUT since
> the variables for mysql are not set in rc.conf (Otherwise it would be
> started at startup), it isn't starting at all.

You can use in /etc/rc.conf:

[ -r /usr/local/etc/rc.mysql.conf ] && . /usr/local/etc/rc.mysql.conf

and using this include for manipulate with mysql start variables.

Your shared IP address moving with script, I think. This script can
modify /usr/local/etc/rc.mysql.conf also.

WBR.
Dmitriy