Firefox won't start on SPARC64

Christian Baer christian.baer at informatik.uni-dortmund.de
Mon Jan 15 10:30:59 UTC 2007

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 02:01:48 +0100 (CET) Christian Baer wrote:

supplemental...

> I'm having a few problems with Firefox here on this box. As you can see,
> Thunderbird seems to work fine.

Ok, that was dumb. I was actually planning to write this with
Thunderbird, so you can't really see it. But let me assure you,
Thunderbird works fine. :-)

> Is this a known problem or do I have to go looking by myself?

What I forgot to write was that I tried to install Firefox with
pkg_add -r. This is only a Sun U60 and compiling big things like Firefox
isn't much fun as it takes forever. After Firefox refused to start I
removed it again and built it myself with the port. The effekt was the
same though - segmentation fault.

Can someone help me with this?

Regards,
Chris