DRM disabled?

Stanislav Sedov stas at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jan 15 01:14:58 UTC 2007

On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 11:56:43 -0600 (CST)
Larry Rosenman <ler at lerctr.org> mentioned:

> Greetings,
>     I finally have FreeBSD back on my HP ZE5700US Laptop.  I was wondering if anyone knew why
> the DRM is being disabled.  I have the agp device static in the kernel, and have attached a dmesg, as well as the X log, and
> also the full kernel config.
>
>     Ideas?

For dri to work you should install recent Xorg (7.1 - 7.2) as drm on
your card will not work with 6.9. You can find instructions how to
obtain Xorg 7.2 featured ports tree on http://wiki.freebsd.org/.
However, you might want to wait until Xorg modular will be committed
into the tree. Hopefully, that will be done soon.

--
Stanislav Sedov
ST4096-RIPE