6.2 RELEASE - READ_DMA timed out

Peter Ankerstål peter at pean.org
Sun Jan 14 14:01:07 UTC 2007

I have a router running NanoBSD on a CF-card, 512MB SanDisk and
yesterday when installed 6.2-RELEASE I encountered some problems.
The systems seems to boot properly but when it tries to mount the
filesystem I get errors like this:

ad0: FAILURE - READ_DMA timed out LBA=1000941

When I try to boot without acpi I get the same problem but when I boot
in "Safe Mode" it boots properly and I haven't encountered any problems
at all.
I have'nt compiled any modules, and the acpi.ko is missing, could that
be the problem? It worked fine i 6.1-RELEASE though.

What could be the problem? If there is no "quick" solution to this, are
there any way to make "Safe Mode" the default option at boot?

I've attached my kernconf and configuration for the NanoBSD-build.