2.4TB disk - MBR and GPT coexist?

Jo Rhett jrhett at svcolo.com
Fri Jan 12 06:28:40 UTC 2007

On Jan 11, 2007, at 10:00 PM, Charles Sprickman wrote:

>> On Jan 11, 2007, at 8:02 PM, Charles Sprickman wrote:
>>> I can confirm 3Ware controllers also work that way.
>>
>> Please enlighten me.  I see no such options in the BIOS menu.
>
> I've done it in 3DM2, but look at pages 23+24 (printed page
> numbers) here and the stuff regarding setting up a seperate boot
> volume:
>
> http://www.3ware.com/support/UserDocs/3ware9590SEUsrGuide.pdf

Those are CLI functions.  Which means you have to boot to run the
CLI, so cart->horse.

Sorry for being terse, but I have to solve the boot problem which is
what started this conversation.

For data arrays not part of boot, I could simply use GPT and be done
with it.  I only need small volumes to solve the boot problem.

--
Jo Rhett
senior geek