Interrupt (SCSI?) hang on 4.x

Jeremy Chadwick koitsu at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jan 11 14:23:13 PST 2007

On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 04:47:17PM -0500, John Baldwin wrote:
> On Thursday 11 January 2007 16:13, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
> > The kernel I'm using was built on the following date (thus, src-all
> > for release=cvs tag=RELENG_4 was cvsup'd about an hour prior to this):
> >
> > FreeBSD pentarou.parodius.com 4.11-STABLE FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE #0: Sun May 28
> 12:02:42 PDT 2006 root at pentarou.parodius.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/PENTAROU
> i386
> >
> > Which revision of sys/i386/isa/clock.c might have fixed the problem?
> > I only see 1 commit between May 28th 2006 and present:
>
> It was the 1.149.2.7, so you probably have that already.  I wasn't sure when
> you said "4.11" kernel if you meant RELENG_4_11 or RELENG_4.

Understood.  :-) I always use RELENG_x branches, never the _x_y
branches.

The problem I'm reporting is likely with hardware; sadly I can't try
a different PCI slot since it's a 2U box with 2 riser cards for the
PCI slots, thus only 1 riser card works with a full-height 29160
card.  I'm in the process of deprecating the box and moving
everything over to a completely different (RELENG_6) system, but I
thought I'd throw this problem out there and see if anyone had ideas.

Thanks though!

| Making life hard for others since 1977.               PGP: 4BD6C0CB |