Fatal Trap 12 in 6.2-PRERELEASE

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Tue Jan 9 03:43:07 UTC 2007

On Mon, 8 Jan 2007, J. W. Ballantine wrote:

> I rebuilt and installed the kernel and world, and now when I
> try to boot the system it fails with a Fatal Trap 12: page
> fault while in kernel mode, with current process of 594 (ntpd).

I dont' have the thread subject handy, but I remember something here a
week or two ago about a commit that screwed things up and the symptom was
that the first thing to hit the network (many time ntpd) caused the panic.

Did you also cvsup before you rebuilt the kernel?  If so, there's a good
chance you're hitting a known bug.

Charles