Shutdown problem "Stray IRQ9"

Zoran Kolic zkolic at sbb.co.yu
Sat Jan 6 14:25:30 UTC 2007

> In comparison, you can search for "stray irq7" and see that
> others have seen this message on certain boards where the
> LPT/printer port has been disabled in the BIOS, but lpt
> support is enabled in FreeBSD.  (What I'm trying to say is
> that the "stray irq" stuff stems from what I described in
> the above paragraph.

Hm! My Compaq laptop 9020 has no paralel port.
In the kernel I removed all lines regarding it.
I still have irq7 messages in console. They are
benign, no hang. Intel; could be some controler
wants to "hallo, I'm here!".

Some BIOSes need full atention. If original poster
has motherboard book, he could tweak over options.
I recall an issue prior to remove apic on nforce3
mobo.

                              Zoran