win32-codecs question ...

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Thu Jan 4 16:49:40 UTC 2007

Jose Alonso Cardenas Marquez wrote:
 > why do you not use "make config" in multimedia/win32-codecs and you
 > not select the QUICKTIME option?

What if you actually have to be able to view quicktime .mov
files?  (Well, mplayer seems to have some native support
for certain older quicktime versions, but that doesn't work
for me, unfortunately.)

Best regards
   Oliver

PS:  I solved the problem by installing an old version of
the port.  Of course I'm aware of the security implications,
but I don't play .mov files from untrusted sources, so I'm
not worried.

Python is executable pseudocode.  Perl is executable line noise.