6.2-PRE: Fatal Trap?

O. Hartmann ohartman at mail.zedat.fu-berlin.de
Mon Jan 1 06:55:13 PST 2007

Iantcho Vassilev wrote:
> Yesterda I had also a kernel trap - process (sendmail) on a Compaq
> Deskpro
> with the 6.2 Prerelease..
> I revert every option in make.conf, tried Generic kernel as well..no
> success...
>

> Awaiting for more info
>
> And now compiling today sources
>

> On 1/1/07, Chris <chrcoluk at gmail.com> wrote:

>> 2006

>> information
>> >
>> > Yes, you'll need to send at least a kernel stack backtrace. See here:
>> >
>> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug-online-ddb.html
>>

>> > Get it to start the debugger on panic and post the backtrace (bt).
>> >

>> Is it possible to make it auto run debugger, then auto run backtrace
>> then dump the output to disk so people who have no local access can
>> get backtraces?

I also ran into a trap after yesterday's cvsupdate (rpcbind traps with
trap 12). Running the prvious kernel now and it works, compiling just
now a new system with the today's cvsupdates (but there was no kernel
stuff, so I expect no success on that).

The box ist running
FreeBSD fauxpas.dyn.org 6.2-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 6.2-PRERELEASE #47: Tue
Dec 26 14:12:56 UTC 2006
root at fauxpas.dyn.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/THOR  amd64

The date of this uname output is the date of my last kernel build that
works ...

Regards,
Oliver