Recent libxine update seems to cause ICE on 6-STABLE/amd64

Andy Fawcett andy at athame.co.uk
Sun Feb 18 12:28:53 UTC 2007

On Sunday 18 February 2007 11:04, Jack L. wrote:
> It fails to compile with the gcc version that comes with FreeBSD 6 and
> 7, but it compiles fine on gcc 4.1 when I tried. It's probably a
> compiler bug that's been fixed on the 4.x series.

Yes, I agree it builds fine on 6.2/amd64 when gcc 4.1 is used. I guess a
simple fix for the port would be to update the USE_GCC version to a value
known to work (4.1 and 4.2 from ports are ok, no idea about 4.0).

Hopefully someone more familiar with the compiler suites would be able to fix
the system compilers.

Andy