sysctl segfaulting

Rink Springer rink at freebsd.org
Sat Feb 17 10:42:07 UTC 2007

Hi Michael,

On Sat, Feb 17, 2007 at 11:36:46AM +0100, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> So I tried recompiling libc with debug cflags ("-g3 -O -pipe"), but this only
> makes the backtrace in gdb much longer, but still without any function names.

Hmm, 'make install' appears to strip the debugging info. Please try
gdb-ing /usr/obj/usr/src/sbin/sysctl/sysctl instead (assuming you use
default the /usr/obj path like I do)

--
Rink P.W. Springer                                - http://rink.nu
"It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But yet a far more terrible thing,