Problems with IPv6-less kernel and world

JoaoBR joao at matik.com.br
Sun Feb 11 09:28:27 UTC 2007

On Saturday 10 February 2007 23:31, Bruce M. Simpson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm afraid I disagree with a few of the points you raise.

I think both views have points and none of them is wrong. I accept as it is
but I would prefer having it disabled by default. But perhaps this is valid
only for my small part of the world :)

WITHOUT_IPV6 is probably not read by kerberos, it compiles anyway
with -DINET6, I do not remember now if some other part also

I am not sure if it is correct that a port compiles with ipv6 enabled when the
kernel does not support it. IMO ipv6 capability should be checked by the
configure script.

--

João