portsupgrade problem on 6.2-RELEASE

Vince jhary at unsane.co.uk
Fri Feb 2 14:58:00 UTC 2007

Georg Bege wrote:
> Hi
>
> Sry I dont get it, I searched now again and didnt find much.
> There is nothing about this on freebsd.org.
> If so then tell me where?
> Please be more clearer and give me an URL or so where its pointed out
>> how to manual upgrade<.

from the latest portsnap update:
 more /usr/ports/UPDATING

20070102:
  AFFECTS: users of sysutils/portupgrade
  AUTHOR: sem at FreeBSD.org

  If you have a problem with upgrading the tools from version 2.2.1 and
less,
  remove the package with pkg_delete portupgrade\* command and reinstall it
  from scratch. Remove /usr/ports/INDEX*.db and run portsdb -u.

Hope that helps.
(reinstalling it from scratch involves
"cd /usr/ports/sysutils/portupgrade && make install clean"
)
Vince