parallel port printer: interrupt storm & system slowdown with 6.2-release

Jost Menke cyberlab at gmx.de
Fri Feb 2 14:29:46 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I am having big trouble getting my parallel port printer to work on
6.2-release. I am getting lots of those famous "stray irq7" messages. I
already knew that from my 5.4 installation which I previously had on the
same hardware, so I tried so set the parallel port mode with lptcontrol
(lptcontrol -d did the trick under 5.4). Tried all the modes, but no
difference! Using the printer even slows down my whole system to an
unusuable state. Any ideas what the difference to 5.4 is or what I could
do?

Regards,
Jost Menke