named.conf restored to hint zone for the root by default

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Fri Aug 3 17:53:13 PDT 2007

On Fri, 3 Aug 2007, Jo Rhett wrote:

> On Aug 2, 2007, at 3:05 AM, Doug Barton wrote:
>> I hope that we can now dial down the volume on the meta-issue of how
>> the change was done, and focus on the operational issues of whether
>> it's a good idea or not.
>
> Which has been answered to you, repeatedly, by the very people who know this
> best.

Jo,

I'm getting tired of repeating this. A lot of really smart people are lined
up on BOTH sides of this issue. You might want to take another look at the
threads about this on the OARC list (or even this list for that matter) and
try to have an open mind. Repeating "this is a bad idea" over and over
again doesn't make it more true.

Doug

--

 	If you're never wrong, you're not trying hard enough