default dns config change causing major poolpah

Ian Smith smithi at nimnet.asn.au
Wed Aug 1 08:56:14 UTC 2007

[current@ omitted, I'm not subscribed so it whinges]

On Wed, 1 Aug 2007, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:

 > On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 04:15:32PM +1000, Ian Smith wrote:
 > > On Tue, 31 Jul 2007, Randy Bush wrote:
 > >
 > >  > the undiscussed and unannounced change to the default dns config to
 > >  > cause local transfer of the root and arpa zone files has raised major
 > >  > discussing in the dns operational community. (see the mailing list
 > >  > dns-operations at mail.oarc.isc.org).
 > >
 > > How may viewing these mailing list postings be achieved?
 >
 > Good starting point:
 >
 > http://lists.oarci.net/pipermail/dns-operations/2007-July/001803.html
 >
 > Same thread continues on into 2007 of August.
 >
 > http://lists.oarci.net/pipermail/dns-operations/2007-August/thread.html

Thanks.  Informative and very spirited discussion as expected.  I wasn't
at all surprised to see Paul Vixie's first comment: "this is a really,
really, really terrible idea." but he might be a tad molified by now.

 > dougb@, I hope you're reading those.  :-)

Powder kept dry until:

http://lists.oarci.net/pipermail/dns-operations/2007-August/001856.html

Cheers, Ian