single user mode buildwerld failures

KAYVEN RIESE kayve at sfsu.edu
Wed Apr 4 17:06:17 UTC 2007

there were so many steps they didn't seem obvious.. i got halfway thru and
realized i
was in some prompt for mergemaster -p, or so i thought, so i started over.
i had no
idea what was happening.  i can't log on now.
/etc/passwd is gone.  i used a freeBSD disk that is certainly old to go to
a fixit shell but i didn't
know what to do.  i can go back to the fixit shell if somebody tells me
what to do but i have
to *#@&ing walk over to kinkos now to get on the internet.