CALL FOR TESTERS! [Re: 6.2 SHOWSTOPPER - em completely unusable on 6.2]

Craig Boston craig at feniz.gank.org
Fri Sep 29 18:19:07 PDT 2006

On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 01:48:42PM -0600, Scott Long wrote:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~scottl/usb_fastintr_RELENG_6.diff

At first glance it appeared to work, but I'm about to do some more
testing since I just discovered that I have to kldload something
(anything) first in order to reproduce the problem.  Weird.

One thing this patch definitely did do though, is break the nvidia
driver pretty badly.  Couldn't keep the X server running for more than a
minute before it froze solid.  Lots of Xid: blah blah blah messages.
Yes I remembered to rebuild the kernel module ;)

Oh, and if anyone is curious, I am able to reproduce the problem after
booting without nvidia.ko loaded, using qemu in -nographic mode.  Just
wanted to rule that out since its code that's out of our control and
would be a prime target to blame if I didn't.

Craig