Intel se7230NH1-E, 6gb memory not working on FreeBSD 6.0

Wed Sep 27 14:20:27 PDT 2006

>Based on what I understand of Intel x86 architecture, to address more
>than 4GB of memory space, you have to use Intel's PAE feature.  I
>don't think the FreeBSD kernels are built with PAE enabled.  This
>might explain why the kernel states there's too many memory holes.
>
>I'd recommend either 1) disabling PAE (Physical Address Extensions)
>in the BIOS if possible, or 2) removing some RAM from the system,
>getting FreeBSD installed + upgraded to 6.2, building a kernel that
>has PAE enabled and then putting the extra RAM back in.
>
>Any other administrators have tips/comments?

I have built a PAE kernel in FreeBSD (sorry forgetting to mention that).
There are no options in the BIOS relating to PAE.

I don't mind upgrading to 6.2, but unless I missed something obvious (I
probably did), it doesn't seem like that is going to help here.

Your suggestion about removing RAM is a good one, maybe its a bad chip or
something, even...

- Greg