6.2 SHOWSTOPPER - em completely unusable on 6.2

Jeremy Chadwick freebsd at jdc.parodius.com
Wed Sep 27 09:41:09 PDT 2006

On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 06:32:59PM +0200, Patrick M. Hausen wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 05:59:04PM +0200, Oliver Brandmueller wrote:
> > I don't think it has to especially with ichsmb here, but only with the
> > fact, that ichsmb is for me exactly the thing that shares the interrupt
> > with the em interface that shows the problems.
>
> I can confirm that making em0 share an interrupt with the
> SATA-controller on my box makes the problem much much more
> apparent.

So we're all on the same page here -- this really appears to be some
kind-of kernel interrupt handler problem (something somewhere is
getting deadlocked?  Not sure).

Has anyone tried rolling back to previous 6.2 builds to try and
figure out timeframes when this was introduced?  From my perspective,
it happened sometime between August and the end of September.

| Making life hard for others since 1977.               PGP: 4BD6C0CB |