802.11 RSSI value displayed from ifconfig(8)

Eduardo Meyer dudu.meyer at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 08:19:01 PDT 2006

Yes, this is the point. I dont always have a spectrum analiser to
measure my dBm signal nor similar hardware, so I would like to have
this information for each associated host in my freebsd access point,
even if it is not fully accurate, since no software that does this, in
fact is.

I need something similar to what kismet can give me, but this kind of
software (kismet, dstumbler) to give some reasonable useful
information puts the interface in scan mode, and it is useless to me
since all associated hosts will drop its association.

So I wrote a program to converte from RSSI to other values, dBm or %.
I just need a good formula now :-) specially for atheros

--
Eduardo Meyer
pessoal: dudu.meyer at gmail.com
profissional: ddm.farmaciap at saude.gov.br