Once more oddity on -STABLE - Linux emulation is broken someway

Andrew Kolchoogin andrew at rinet.ru
Wed Sep 27 07:08:17 PDT 2006

Dear colleagues,

     Linux emulation on -STABLE from September, 25 works somewhat
strange.

     Shortly: it dumps core.
     Explain: I want to bootstrap native Java Development Kit v1.4
using Linux JDK. Immediately
after invoking 'java' executable with full path kernel diagnoses
"Segfault" and dumps core.

     Core file size has similar sizes besides of what JDK has been
used (!) - Sun or IBM.

     Additional digging gives me some more strange results:

# chroot /compat/linux /bin/sh
bash-3.00# ls -l
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
bash-3.00#

     Well, change Fedora Core 4 linux_base to Red Hat 9 linux_base.
"ls" doesn't dump core
anymore, but 'java' doesn't work.

     6.1-R-p7 works just fine.

     Somebody has broken Linuxuliator?-) Or I've broken my notebook?
--
     Yours
         Andrew Kolchioogin.

P.S. Reboots doesn't cure, FreeBSD itself, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4
Update 4 and Windows XP
Service Pack 2 works excellent, FreeBSD is able to re-build self,
etc, etc.

     ... Only two things are infinite - the Universe and human
stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
                                                                 A.
Einstein.