6.2 SHOWSTOPPER - em completely unusable on 6.2

Jeremy Chadwick freebsd at jdc.parodius.com
Wed Sep 27 06:56:35 PDT 2006

On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 09:06:09PM +0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> Me Too(tm).

Me three -- and the interesting part (in my case) is that em0
shares an IRQ with the ATA controller.

Because people are reporting this on more than just the em driver
(bge driver as well), my guess is that it's not specific to the
Ethernet drivers.

I've seen some semi-recent commits pertaining to the APIC handling
code -- could these explain what's happening?

| Making life hard for others since 1977.               PGP: 4BD6C0CB |