snd_emu10k1 driver

Yuriy Tsibizov Yuriy.Tsibizov at gfk.ru
Wed Sep 27 05:16:57 PDT 2006

> For the recording software I've used Krec, ffmpeg, darkice
> and streamTranscoder (the latter two feeding an icecast
> server).  'mixer' has its recording device (=rec) set to line
> in, and I'm feeding audio to line in (analog) and spdif in
> (digital).  There's no problem monitoring the 'line in' buss
> on the outputs, but there's no audio on the record output device.
snd_emu10k1 may not support recording from s/pdif input.
Both drivers should be able to record from line-in.

> There's no sound daemons like esound or artsd running during
> these tests.  The ports being tested as an input device seem
> to open correctly and show up as read devices in fstat.
>
> I've also tried the snd_emu10kx driver to no avail.
As I understand, you use a driver from ports?
can you post output of:

cat /dev/emu10kx0
emuctrl list
mixer

(when you use snd_emu10kx)

and

mixer

(when you use snd_emu10k1)

> Has anyone had experience using the Live! sound card and
> these drivers?  And if so, is recording correctly supported?
It should work on snd_emu10kx, if you set all volume controls correctly.
There was a version (of snd_emu10kx) that had broken recording on Live!
cards.
I'm not shure, was port updated with lates fixes.

Yuriy.