mod_php4 unavaible

Dominic Marks dom at goodforbusiness.co.uk
Mon Sep 18 06:48:46 PDT 2006

rvenne at dental-on-line.fr wrote:
> hi list
>
> I've updated php4 this morning, and my web site using lost php module.
> the php4 is unavailble on my system. /usr/ports/www/mod_php4 has been
> removed, and I don't know how to get it workind,

 From /usr/ports/UPDATING

20060506:
   AFFECTS: users of PHP
   AUTHOR: ale at FreeBSD.org

   The old PHP slave ports (phpN-cli, phpN-cgi and mod_phpN) were removed
   in favour of unified PHP ports that allow building any combination of
   PHP SAPIs (cli, cgi and apache module).
   The PHP CGI binary was renamed to php-cgi, so you should update
   the path in your script. To simplify the update process, *only* for
   this release a 'php' compatibility symlink to php-cgi will be created
   if you don't select the CLI SAPI.
   Before the upgrade you *should* run 'make config' in lang/php4 or
   lang/php5 to configure the SAPIs you want to install.
   As a consequence the default binary packages include the CLI and the
   FastCGI SAPIs.

Dominic