ath0 weak connectivity

Dmitry Karasik dmitry at karasik.eu.org
Mon Sep 18 01:31:42 PDT 2006

Hi,

Has anyone experienced problems with ath0 giving bad connectivity on
6.1-STABLE? My wireless card reported as Atheros 5212 rapidly loses
connectivity if I move it more than 2-3 meters away from the access
point, but the same notebook connects well from under windows.

I tried both kernel with both old device ath_rate_sample and ath_rate_onoe,
tried to play with AP's settings, changed transmit rate and beacon
interval, nothing helps. One interesting thing though is that "ifconfig ath0
scan" reports my station as configured to 119ms beacon interval, while
it is set to 100ms actually.

Anything else I can try?

--
Sincerely,