em0: watchdog timeout -- resetting (6.1-STABLE)

Eugene Kazarinov kamuzon at milshop.ru
Fri Sep 15 16:52:17 PDT 2006

Something with em0 is really wrong. I dont get timeouts, but....

Before cvsup I had 6.0-PRERELEASE and didn't have a problem.
Now I have "FreeBSD 6.2-PRERELEASE #8: Fri Sep 15 03:44:49 MSD 2006" and the
problem is so:
(On machine I have LARGE_NAT, em0, em1, em2)
on fresh system ping to www.ru from client computer (goes to inet via nat)
is 3-5ms
after few hours (i see it in the night) then traffic is smaller ping to
www.ru is 11-12 ms.
Why?
after reboot it still gut for a few ours.

FreeBSD/amd64
kernel with
options         DEVICE_POLLING
options         HZ=2500

with HZ=1000 and without DEVICE_POLLING nothing changes - 11-12 still goes
after few hours.

PS Should I downgrade to 6.0-RELEASE or earlier
or tonight cvsup updates could resolve a problem (files sounds like tcp...):
 Checkout src/sys/contrib/ipfilter/netinet/ip_nat.h
 Edit src/sys/netinet/in_pcb.c
 Edit src/sys/netinet/tcp_input.c
 Edit src/sys/netinet/tcp_subr.c
 Edit src/sys/netinet/tcp_timer.c
 Edit src/sys/netinet/tcp_timer.h
 Edit src/sys/netinet/tcp_var.h
 Edit src/sys/sys/param.h
 Edit src/usr.sbin/pkg_install/add/main.c

PPS Now I rebuild kernels and .... tomorrow night will se.