ARRRRGH! Guys, who's breaking -STABLE's GMIRROR code?!

hackmiester (Hunter Fuller) hackmiester at hackmiester.com
Thu Sep 14 16:11:00 PDT 2006

On 14 September 2006, at 14:05, Björn König wrote:

> hackmiester (Hunter Fuller) schrieb:

>>> I think you misunderstood what -STABLE means. (Or maybe I do?)
>>>
>>> -STABLE is still a development branch without guarantee of a
>>> stable  and working operating system.
>> Hahahahaha... That's ironic...
>
> That wasn't meant to be ironic. Years of experience and
> observations of development lead to this conclusion.

RIght. All i can say, though, is that someone that doesn't know any
better would probably not think "Oh! That means that upgrades are
possible between releases, and not that my system will actually run,
or anything!"
It just seems it'd be quite a cause of confusion.

> Regards
> Björn

hackmiester (Hunter Fuller)

<svinx> yknow when you go to a party, and everyones hooked up except
one guy and one girl
<svinx> and so they look at each other like.. do we have to?
<svinx> intel & nvidia must be lookin at each other like that right now

Phone
Voice: +1 251 589 6348
Fax: Call the voice number and ask.

Email