6.2? (fwd)

Yoshihiro Ota ota at j.email.ne.jp
Wed Sep 13 22:02:57 PDT 2006

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 13:07:20 +0200 (CEST)
kama <kama at pvp.se> wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Sep 2006, Oliver Fromme wrote:
>

> > That's true, and the schedule will most probably change.
> > Currently the release is listed for Oct. 9th, but I bet
> > that it'll be delayed.
>
> I disagree, I would like to have an notice about it. Even though it might
> not say much. Just a "The code of the stable branch has been freezed due
> to the upcomming release of X.Y"

I agree with Kama.  I specificly switched once to stable for pre-release testing purpose.  I saw email from one of the developers claiming that not many people join pre-release testing. (I do not remember whether it was not many people join BETA testing or RC testing. Anyway, I saw it in one of the quota issue e-mail chain on 6.1-RELEASE.)

If we are not in such a stage, I personally prefer to stick with releases.