suggestions for SATA RAID cards

Jo Rhett jrhett at svcolo.com
Thu Sep 7 15:06:22 PDT 2006

On Sep 7, 2006, at 2:23 PM, Steven Hartland wrote:
> I did have a little bother getting through to the dev's for
> support with a disk compatibility issue but once I located
> the right person highpoint support was very good.

How did you locate them?  Highpoint support told us that a third
party did the freebsd driver and that they had no intention of
supporting it.

FYI, several people have claimed that the 1820a is "hardware" -- this
is untrue.  It's hardware accelerated, but all of the raid logic is
in the driver.  It's sludgeware", not hardware raid.  Performance
tests against a real hardware raid adapter will demonstrate what I mean.

--
Jo Rhett
senior geek