Symbolic Links in /dev of a jail

Anish Mistry mistry.7 at osu.edu
Wed Sep 6 16:47:15 PDT 2006

On Wednesday 06 September 2006 18:57, Dewayne Geraghty wrote:
> Generally there is a barrier accessing files/directories that exist
> outside a jail.  The best way is to create a mount point
> (directory) in the jail, and mount_nullfs outside the jail.
> E.g in the jail, mkdir /fun
> Outside the jail, mount_nullfs /outside/jail/path/to/fun
> /insidejail/fun This will make the jail see the "external" file or
> directory.
Right, I'm not trying to access anything outside of the jail.  I've
already exposed all of the required device nodes to the jail and it
all works if I start iaxmodem and manually create the symlink from
the host environment.  The resulting link when viewed from the jail
still points to the jailed environment, which is fine since that's
what I want.

> Good luck on getting asterisk and friends to work, that was too
> hard, so a "friend" gave me a pabx on a linux machine...I'd be
> interested if you're successful on Freebsd.
My setup works perfect outside of a jailed environment.  Asterisk
works fine within the jail (eg. voicemail, menus, etc.), just not
iaxmodem+hylafax due to the symlink issue.

--
Anish Mistry