Recovering Swap Partition

Ron Tarrant rtarrant at sympatico.ca
Sun Sep 3 14:10:34 PDT 2006

Hi all,

After a random power outage, my FreeBSD 6.1 box failed to reboot because
the swap partition is toast. The disklabel looks to be intact. I've been
researching all afternoon trying to find out how to recover the swap
with something like newfs, but I haven't found any examples of how to do
it, only how to create the swap during a system installation.

Can anyone tell me which tool to use and show me either an example or
point me in the direction of more information?

-Ron T.

--
Ron Tarrant
Blog:<A HREF="http://www.writingup.com/blog/phpgtk2">PHP-Gtk2</A>