6.X wont boot on Dell XPS 700

Frank frank_s at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 3 05:00:33 PDT 2006

I have a new XPS 700 Pentium D 3.6 Dual Core with 2 gigs RAM, 2 250 GB
SATA drives, and 2 NVIDIA GeForce 7900GS video cards.

So far I have tried:

6.0-RELEASE - will boot to sysinstall but finds no drives.

6.1-RELEASE - hangs after probing md0 and first hard drive.

6.1-STABLE - hangs after probing md0 and first hard drive.

7.0-CURRENT - hangs after probing md0 and both hard drives.

I have unplugged the USB keyboard and mouse and used a PS/2
keyboard.  Disabling ACPI causes a panic on all versions.

Anyone have a clue what it will take to install on this machine?

--
Frank