atheros driver under high load, panics and even more freezes

Daniel Dvořák dandee at hellteam.net
Sat Sep 2 06:26:54 PDT 2006

Ok, I will upgrade my boxes and I will do simple ping tests again.

Did you see my sysctl.conf file ?

I mean these options:

kern.ipc.maxsockbuf=2097152
net.inet.ip.fastforwarding=1
net.inet.tcp.sendspace=65536

Could be this connected with increasing latency up to 500ms ?

I tested this issue on another box, box of my friend, you know him too.

--- 10.27.128.13 ping statistics ---
10000 packets transmitted, 10000 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 0.932/1.101/9.657/0.433 ms

There is nice avg 1,1ms.

In his sysctl.conf, there are not these maxsockbuf, fastforwarding and sendscpace.
It is ironic, because it was he, who advised me these values.

You wrote me "look at memory usage with vmstat and/or netstat".

Ok, bud you did not told me what I should to search for ...

And I do not know how the command write with vmstat and netstat, there are many switches. :)

What to find ?

Thank you.

Daniel