AMD64 Stable fails to boot on Dell PowerEdge 1950

Travis Pugh tdp at eng.mstarmetro.net
Tue Oct 31 17:37:00 UTC 2006

I've had no difficulty with 1950/2950 installs, as long as the disk
controller is the PERC 5/I.  I don't know if this holds for Vivek's
experience as well.

However, with the SAS5 controller (LSILogic SAS) AMD64 won't boot without
either:

- ACPI / APIC disabled, killing SMP
- Any BCE interfaces disabled in BIOS

-travis