ggated not working on 6.2-PRERELEASE

Christian Laursen xi at borderworlds.dk
Sun Oct 29 15:21:17 UTC 2006

I have CC'ed pjd too as this concerns ggate and I saw another thread
that looked like the same problem.

Kazuaki ODA <kaakun at highway.ne.jp> writes:

> ggated is not working on 6.2-PRERELEASE.  For example, run the following
> commands:

[snip]

> ggated: Error while receiving hdr packet: Resource temporarily unavailable.
> ggated: Exiting.

I am experiencing this too.

> I tried to find what broke ggated, and finally found that it works fine
> when I backout sys/kern/uipc_socket2.c rev. 1.147.2.7.

I will try to reproduce that here.

> I don't know why the changes break ggated, but I hope that ggated will
> work on 6.2-RELEASE.

As far as I can tell, src/sbin/ggate/ggated/ggated.c line 634 calls
g_gate_recv, which in turn calls recv(2) on src/sbin/ggate/shared/ggate.c
line 254.

recv is called with the MSG_WAITALL flag and receives an EAGAIN error.
Is that supposed to happen? If it is, ggated should probably handle it.

--
Christian Laursen