When will the new BCE driver in HEAD be incorporated into RELENG_6?

Bill Moran wmoran at collaborativefusion.com
Mon Oct 23 15:07:52 UTC 2006

> Scott Long wrote:
>
> > I'll cautiously say that the latest set of changes to bce might be
> > interesting for you.  It now survives all of my ttcp and netblast tests
> > in both UDP and TCP.  Please let me know if it makes things better,
> > worse, or no change for you.
>
> The driver from HEAD (if_bce.c 1.17) is looking much better - thanks
> Scott!
>
> We couldn't trigger this bug using UDP NFS mounts.
>
> Neither could we trigger it with multiple simultaneous TCP connections.

I'm seeing similar improvement.  I've been testing the new version since
I came in this morning (About 2.5 hours so far), with no failures.

This is the first version of the driver that has allowed me to actually
complete a buildworld over NFS.

I will continue testing and report again at the end of the day.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.