em network issues

Jack Vogel jfvogel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 21:18:15 UTC 2006

The engineer in our test group has installed 6.2 BETA2 and attempted via a
number of tests to reproduce this problem, the machine even shares the em
interrupt with usb, and yet so far he has been unsuccessful.

I have an Intel driver about to be released, it is close, but not identical to
the 6.2 driver, I would very much like to know if it has this same problem.

Any volunteers that have this problem willing to load this driver, which
will be called 6.2.9 when we release it I believe, and tell me if you still
have these watchdogs? BTW, 6.2.9 also has TSO that can be enabled
but you need to install the kernel stack patch. I'd like it tested without
TSO at least at first.

Thanks for the help,

Jack