daemonology.net instructions - binary upgrade 5.3 to 6.1

Hans F. Nordhaug Hans.F.Nordhaug at hiMolde.no
Thu Oct 19 19:38:58 UTC 2006

At daemonology.net Colin Percival has some excellent instructions on
how to do binary upgrades - he has even written a script to do a 6.0
to 6.1 upgrade. My question is: Can I do a 5.3 to 6.1 upgrade using
the instructions for "5.4 system to FreeBSD 6.0" - see
http://www.daemonology.net/freebsd-upgrade-5.4-to-6.0/
Or, should I upgrade 5.3 to 6.0 and finally use the script to
get from 6.0 to 6.1? I assume the former, but just want to be sure.

Hans

PS! Yes, I probably could have asked Colin directly, but I assume this
question is relevant for other 5.3 users too.